This August heat has my family headed for the water park. You, too? Pack these essentials, based on what I forgot last time, and you’ll be water park ready, easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Our water park
doesn’t allow outside snacks and drinks, but they are more than happy to give free ice water refills. Be ready to take advantage of some free hydration with your own water bottle. Shown: Bobble in Blue, about $16 at Oliver Bonas
2. About halfway between the kiddie slides and the concession stand, my feet were reminding me of the perfectly good water shoes I left at home. Keep your tootsies off the hot concrete with this adorable, streatchy, red pair from Ocean Minded by Crocs, $32 at Zappos.
3. I don’t know about your two-year-old, but when mine feels the need for a snow cone, he’s not too excited about having to wait for me to hike back over to the beach bag to get the money, across the park to the snow cone stand, and back to to beach bag to put the change away. Save yourself a few steps by tucking your money into a waterproof wallet strapped to your wrist. Shown: Alligator by DRY PAK, just $7.28 on Amazon.
4. Why, oh why do I burn even when I try my hardest not too? I hate
sunburns!! So since my sunscreen didn’t hold up on our last visit, I’m definately packing a swimming shirt. Don’t you love this sea-worthy, navy and white option? Your shoulders will love it, too. $39 at Land’s End
, (Nab it TODAY for 25% off!)
5. Chasing kids in the splash zone calls for a suit that covers and stays in place. My go-to-choice, again, is Land’s End. Go for the Supplex Swim Shorts, or, as shown here, the Swim Mini
, in a variety of pretty brights and prints to match your suits. $30- $40.00, depending on style.
6. Finally, don’t forget a tube of lip gloss with sunscreen. BalmShelter in Pinup Girl will keep a pretty touch of color on your face while preventing sun burned lips. $19 at Beauty.com
What do you pack for a day at the water park? Share your ideas with us! We need all the help we can get! ;)
You are so Cute, Smart and Organized!